Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Letter Received 11/30/2010




Dear Mom and Dad, Nov. 25, 2010

How are ya’ll doing? Here all is well. The branch is pretty awesome here. The Spanish group is really cool too. They are pretty close to becoming a branch themselves. I think they just need a few more Melchizedek Priesthood holders and they will be the Spanish Branch of Fort Payne! : ) This past Tuesday we, the Chattanooga Zone, met with Elder Johnson who is a Seventy! It was like a Zone Conference and he trained us on some things. It was cool! Before that I was on an exchange with my district leader, Elder Carpenter, in the Chat Valley Area. Every once in a while somebody anties us. Some one will anti us to try to “save us” or whatever. Haha. So while I was on exchange with E. Carpenter that happened to us. We were tracting these apartments and just finished one building and were on our way to the next one. Then this guy who was sitting on the steps of another building waved us over. We went over and started talking with him. One of his first questions was, “do you worship Joseph Smith?” We told him no. He asked us several other questions like that, trying to shake our testimony. The whole time we were calm & collected while he couldn’t stand still. He was pacing back and forth the whole time. At one point he stopped, looked Elder Carpenter in the eyes, and said, “I see your soul. It wants to be free,” . Something along those lines. It was weird! Then, he came within a foot of me and was saying stuff that I forgot almost immediately . Then, he prayed that we would “find the truth” and such. During his prayer he spoke in tongues, it was so weird! After our experience I asked Elder Carpenter what the guy said to me. He said that he told me to “remember the things I’m telling you.” It looks like it didn’t work out for the guy because I forgot pretty much instantly. Haha! So that was an interesting experience. Anyways, the work here is going pretty well. My Spanish is improving slowly but surely. : ) I’m learning new things each day. Hopefully I’ll be able to learn faster once those materials get here. Oh man, I just realized I haven’t used my bike once since I’ve been in Fort Payne. Our area is huge haha. One of the biggest in the mission. Also, we haven’t ever tracted after dark. I guess a while back some things happened and so they don’t want us tracting here after dark. Well, I just wanted to let ya’ll know that everything’s fine. But, I need to go now. We have some meal appointments for Thanksgiving! : ) I hope ya’ll have a great Thanksgiving and rest of the week! Oh, I’m sending my memory card too for pics. I love ya’ll! Tell everyone I love them!

Love, Elder Barry Kreyling

No comments: