Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, November 15, 2010

E-mail 11/15/2010 Week 31

Hola Familia!
This past week we found one hispanic lady whose mom joined the church in Las Vegas. Her mom had apparently told her that the church has all of the truth. They were having a birthday party for their son when we knocked on the door. So, we sang happy birthday to her 8 year old son haha. Then, we talked with her for a couple mins and she said we could come back and share a message with her. Yay! Also, I forgot to tell you all but there is a former member here named Pablo (es de Guatemala). He would be a member right now but he is in a crazy situation right now lets just leave it at that haha. He loves the church and knows its true and everything. Anyways, Pablo is a referral machine! The missionaries were working with two referrals from him when I first got here. Then, just this past week he gave us two more! We went with Pablo, his girlfriend Chica, and Vinicio a recent convert, to see them this past saturday. There names are Victor and Maria. Pablo gave them "Together Forever". We shared the first lesson with them. They were asking really good questions, the spirit was there and it was awesome! At the end of the lesson we gave them a soft baptismal comittment. They said yes!!! So yeah it was pretty much awesome. That is the main highlight of the week
Alright these are the Spanish things I have right now. A spanish/english dictionary (electronic and book), scriptures, that red book for missionaries, Predicad Mi Evangelio, and this one spanish book that was left in the Loudon apartment haha. I think the audio CD's will be great! My old zone leader said that's one of the best things you can do. I don't know about the earphones though. If I'm doing it at night before going to bed I think it might be ok but I will ask President to see what he say. That study guide and the 500 verbs would be fantastic too! Oh by the way since we are on the topic of spanish I translated a little bit in Sacrament yesterday. It was rough haha! But, it will come with more time and the use of these couple of things we've talked about.
Alright, I'm going to write a separate thing for Ben.
I love ya'll and hope ya'll have a great week!
Love,
Elder Barry Kreyling

No comments: