Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, October 25, 2010

E-mail 10/25/2010 Week 28


Hola Familia!!!
Sweet Home Alabama! Ok, so as ya'll know, transfers was this past wednesday. I found out that I was finishing training a missionary who had been trained for a transfer already in the East Knox area(English). His name is Elder Hart and he is a good guy. East Knox is a good (bike) area. So, ya'll may be wondering why I said "Sweet Home Alabama" at the beginning. Well, I was training Elder Hart for a couple days and things were going well. We were being obedient and working hard. We had some good investigators we were seeing and all that good stuff that is awesome about missionary work. Then, on saturday morning I got a call from President Griffin. He asked, " Do you still want to learn spanish?" I said, "Yes, if that is still ok." He told me he needed a spanish missionary to go to Fort Pane, Alabama. So, I was E.T.'d here to Fort Pane which is a spanish area. My new companion is Elder Sexton. He is cool and he speaks good spanish! Fort Pane is an awesome place and I love it already! We got a commitment the first day I was here which was saturday! Her name is Vanessa and she is hispanic but speaks fluent English. She is 17 and her mom is a member. She has been meeting with missionaries on and off for about five years. Anyways, we had a dinner appointment with Vanessa, her mom, and some of their friends who are also members. We had finished eating and were about to give a spiritual thought. Then, out of no where she says, "Oh yeah! I want to be baptized." Can you believe it?! We committed her for Nov. 2nd. Also, we had another meal appointment the same night with the hispanic group (they aren't quite a branch yet). There were two investigators there and it was awesome! On Sunday there were two confirmations. Their names are Travis and Vinicio. So, the English branch and the spanish group each have new members!
Mom, yes I got the package and thanks! It's going to take me a while to eat all of those gummy bears haha! And I've been using the oils and they seem to be helping. I'll continue using them and let you know how it's going.
Dad, I'm sorry to hear about the girls. Tell them I still love them and I'm proud of them! That's great that Zach and Jordan got there calls. Tell them I say good luck. I should be able to start sending letters again because there isn't much to do on P days here.
Well, that's all for this week. I hope ya'll have an awesome week. I love ya'll!!!
Love,
Elder Barry Kreyling

No comments: