Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hand Written Letter 10/08/2010

Hey, Sorry I didn't get this to ya'll sooner. Anyways, I told ya'll I'd explain the pocket sized New Testament but I'm not sure if I did. Well, a couple of weeks into my second transfer Elder Badal and I went to the Mission Office. They had several little green books called "Tracting and Member Missionary Work". We got one for each of us. It has some really good suggestions and advice to increase success. The guy who wrote it served in the south so he knows what it's like here. Anyways, he suggests having your hands free by having a pocket size Book of Mormon behind your back and the pocket sized New Testament in your shirt pocket. He says it's less intimidating and you can still answer almost any question. So I'm just trying to do as he suggests to see if it produces more success. I already ordered and received a pocket sized book of Mormon from the church. But, they didn't have a pocket sized New Testament so that's why I asked ya'll for one. Just so you know I'm writing this letter at nights during the week . Elder Summerhays doesn't like planning time on p-day to write letters and I guess he'd rather be golfing or losing our our keys . Haha. OK I've been writing this for the last week or two. I'm writing this part after transfers. I mentioned in my e-mail that I am staying in Loudon for another transfer. So, I got a new companion! He's another Spanish speaking Elder. His name is Elder Follett... He has been out for about 17 months I believe he said. So he is the oldest and most experienced missionary I've been with so far. I really hope/think we can baptize in Louden this transfer or even this month! Oh, I forgot to tell ya'll a bit more about Elder Follett. He is from Pocatello, Idaho. However it's spelled haha. He has served in 4 of the 5 states that the mission covers! He just needs to go to Kentucky & he will have served in all five states! Oh, it was a pretty funny thing @ transfers. Elder Follett & I sat next to each other for the meeting. We didn't know we were being put together because that's how transfers are. You don't know who is going where until President Griffin announces it @ transfer meeting. Anyways, President announces that Elder Follett is leaving. He stands up next to me as President says he is going to serve in Louden w/me. He looks my way before he gets a chance to stand up for him to see it's me. He looks the other way as I stand up. He's still looking the other way while I'm standing there. So, I just put my arm around him, he sees that it's me, & I look up at President and smile. Everyone laughed. It's probably funnier than I was able to explain it. When that happened I knew it would be a great transfer. :) Well, There's no more room to write more. I love ya'll!
Love, Elder Barry Kreyling

No comments: