Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, May 31, 2010

Letter 5/27 Week 6

Dear Mom & Dad,
Parents! Sorry I haven't written for a while... How are things going? It's hard to believe Michelle, Alexa & everyone else are graduating already. Anyway things are going good here. I'm becoming a little more bold and confident everyday... I want to be like the assistants I have right now. I think that's because I want to be the best missionary I know I can be. I don't want to sound like I am comparing myself to others. It's more like I am comparing myself to who I can become. But that will come in due time...
So I'll be sending you an e-mail too. But, things are going good here. We are working pretty hard/smart I think. We haven't really found anyone yet. An old investigator came to church two Sundays ago. We taught him the Plan of Salvation. We went to his house a few days later. At his home we committed him for baptism & he accepted! Then two days later he called. He said he was permanently dropping out of the church. My trainer(Elder Badal) & I are almost certain it's because of his family. They are pretty anti. It was frustrating though because he said he likes the church & the Book of Mormon and knows they're true. But he said certain things have come up so he is no longer investigating. Sigh. It kinda reminds me of grandma & grandpas situation. Because he has a daughter & grandkids living with him. But they don't have much respect for him. The branch doesn't have much hope either. They have maybe 30 - 40 attending each Sunday... But even though our investigator isn't being baptized we aren't losing hope! We'll find, with the Lords help, someone to baptize & get this branch going! Well I need to get going. I love ya'll! : ) Love Elder Kreyling (Barry)

No comments: