Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, May 17, 2010

E-mail 5/17/2010 Week 5

Dear Mom and Dad,
Hello! :) Well, Tennessee is as awesome as ever. I think the work is going pretty well. Sigh, that's sad but tell the boys (Soccer Team) I said good job. I think I told you before about our investigators in my last email. Well, almost all of them bonked us haha. We had an appointment with the Buffalo's this last Tuesday. Their main door was open and their screen door was closed so we were expecting someone to answer. So, we knock, and knock and... knocked. Nothing. Weird. We were confused so we left them a note and went finding from the area book. About 30 minutes later the Buffalo's called! I answered and since I'm new I said, "Hello this is Elder Kreyling" instead of "Hello this is the missionaries".... Ooops. She got confused and hung up. We tried calling back but there was no answer. So, we are going to go over and set up a new appointment. We have an appointment with the Brummett's this week. They are apparently a golden family so we are very excited. A former investigator came to church yesterday! After sacrament we answered his questions and taught him the Plan of Salvation. It went well! We committed him for baptism. He sat their for a minute then said he would think about it! Oh, and a couple days ago we tracted into Lila. She's a baptist (of course haha), but she seemed fairly interested. We asked her that if God gave her something that would draw her closer to Him if she would take it. She said yes. so we told her about the Book of Mormon and how it's the word of God like the Bible. We left her with a chapter to read and set up a return appointment. So, we have a couple investigators right now that we are excited about. But, our main focus for this transfer is to strengthen the branch. Apparently the missionaries before us didn't do a whole lot. So, I guess after something like that happens, the branch doesn't really trust missionaries. So, we are working on gaining their trust and strengthening the branch. Once we get a baptism and they see us actually working I think they will trust us. Then, we hope we can get some referrals:)
Yeah, we asked if we could study Spanish because we run into Spanish speakers pretty often. President Griffin told us to get back to him on that so we'll see. Tell Michelle that I wrote her a letter last p day... But, Elder Badal and I actually both forgot to send our letters. Haha. So, we sent them today. We are running around quite a bit today. We have shopping and what not. So, I'm not sure if I'll be able to write today. I actually have to take Elder Badal to a doc appointment which is at ten. So, I gotta go! Tell EVERYONE I love them!!! I love ya'll!!!!!! :) :) :)

No comments: