Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Tuesday, April 19, 2011

E-mail #16 of 2011 4/19/2011 Week 52

I'm not gonna lie it was pretty rough
Hola Familia!

What?! Chase is coming here for his mission?! Woo hoo!!! That's so cool. So, he'll probably be getting here just a bit after President Griffin finishes his mission then. Wow. Anyways, I have a letter written for Darrin but I haven't been able to find his address yet. I know y'all sent it to me. I couldn't remember if you sent it in a letter or by email. I looked through the emails and didn't find it. So, I'll look through my letters when we get back to the apartment. If I can't find it I'll just have to send it to y'all and have y'all forward it. That's only if I can't find it. Well, this past week went well. We found a less active lady from Florida. She moved here a while ago but hasn't been going to church. So, we found her tracting and she has a granddaughter that lives in the same apartment building as she does. So, hopefully we can start teaching her soon! Also, we taught this guy named A. He is english but he has a friend in the spanish ward. He has done stuff with us on a couple of p days and he seems pretty cool. Anyways, the first lesson was about a week and a half ago. I'm not gonna lie it was pretty rough haha. Before we started the lesson we were waiting for the members to get there. We were talking about school and stuff, just a casual conversation. He was talkative and everything. Then, the members got there and we said a prayer and it was just like he shut down. He wouldn't talk to us hardly. We would ask him questions and he would say sure or I guess. Then, one of the members spoke and lightened things up and it was a bit better from there. Then, we taught him this past thursday and it was quite a bit better! He was more like his usual self. Right now we are still one principle one of lesson one with him. We are trying to help him understand that God is our Loving Heavenly Father. He committed to pray about it and he came to church yesterday! So, things are going well for him right now. Yesterday, we had a family home evening thing for the spanish ward. They had us get up there and do some roleplays to show them some ways they can invite family, friends and neighbors to meet with us and take the lessons. It was fun! Then, we had some good good food after Let's see... I think that's everything for this week. Oh, thanks y'all for the package! And tell Kimberly Monroy and Jamie Brown thanks for the letters! I love y'all!!!

Love,
Elder Kreyling

No comments: