Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, April 11, 2011

E-mail #15 of 2011 4/11/2011 Week 51




Jesus Christ knows we are Christians

Hola Familia,

This past week has been an adventure! Well, everyday is an adventure but anyways... Below I told you a bit about J.W.. She is a really great lady. We had a return appointment with her a couple days ago. We were walking through the apartment building and we walked downstairs where she lives. As we got to the bottom of the stairs we heard someone call "young men!" a few times. So, I walked back and looked up and there was this guy and he asked if we were Mormons. I replied yes. He told me we need to leave the property or he's calling the cops on us. I asked him on what grounds and he replied trespassing. I told him that J. had invited us back and that we were going to see her. He said the same thing. He called us an evil cult and non Christians. I tried not getting angry and I tried to remain humble. I testified to him that we are Christians and he repeated that we aren't and we are a cult. I really didn't want to deal with someone like him. So, I told him "We are going to our appointment and Jesus Christ knows that we are Christians. Have a nice day." Then, we just walked off to see J. We sat outside with J. and we saw a cop driving towards us haha. We thought he was coming to talk with us but he just went away. Even though all that happened we had a good talk with J.. I really hope that she progresses. She is so cool haha! Someone else that we found is this guy named C. We shared the Restoration with him and had a prayer before sharing the first vision. We asked him how he felt. He said he felt good. We read a couple of scriptures describing the Spirit. We asked if he felt the spirit and he said yes. We asked if he believe what we shared is true. He said , "Oh I know it's true." We ended up committing him for baptism! His date is for the seventh of may. We would have set it for the 30th of April but that's when the Atlanta Temple is being rededicated. By the way they are having an open house so you should tell Jule and Koni that the should go! Anyways, C. is a cool guy also. He told us that he somehow knew the guys from Lynard Skynard pretty well. He said he used to go to their concerts often and play pool with them and stuff. He has a pretty intense story like J. too. They are both really cool and I'll let y'all know how they progress. Well, that's all I can think of for last week. This week is bike week for us. So, I'll be getting some good workouts haha. But, I hope y'all have a great week! The church is true! I love y'all!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Love,

Elder Barry Kreyling


Dad’s questions:

1. Are you being obedient? Yes

2. Are you working as hard as you can? Yes

3. Are you writing in your journal? Yes, I've been catching up. I'm just a couple days behind.

4. Are you taking lots of pictures? Yes. I sent the memory card with a letter on saturday. You should be getting it soon.

5. Are you praying often? Yes

6. Are you being a good companion? I think so haha.

7. Do you love the people where you serve? Yes!


Mom’s weekly questions because inquiring minds want to know.

Q. Como les fue en la capilla esta semana? (How were things for you you at church this week?)

A. Bien. (Good) We tracted into a Less active spanish member. He's been living here for like two months or something. We got him to church!

Q. Alguna experiencia espiritual esta semana y por qué? (Any spiritual experience this week and why?)

A. We had a good lesson with this girl named A. We tried this thing where we say a prayer before sharing the first vision. I could feel the spirit stronger when we did that.

Q. Como están los nuevos investigadores? (How are the new investigators?)

A. Bien. (Good)

Q. Alguna persona interesante esta semana y por qué? (Any interesting people this week and why?)

A. J. W.. She is an elderly lady from England. She is really awesome. She has told us a lot about her life's story. I think she really enjoys having someone to talk with. Anyways, her story is pretty intense. She grew up during world war two. She said she almost got shot down by a plane! Crazy! But, she really loves God and Jesus Christ. We've gone over the Restoration with her. I'll let you know how things progress with her.

Q. Qué tipo de actividades haces in Pday? (What kind of activities do you do on Pday? Sam's Question)

A. Play basketball (Elder Hedgecock's favorite), go hiking, play ultimate frisbee etc.

Q. How is your facial hair coming along? (Editors note: this is a random prank question from Sam)

A. I think it's thicker but I really don't pay attention and I shave everyday so I'm not sure haha.

Q. Cuando se va tu mish pres? (When does your Mission President leave?)

A. In about three months I believe.

No comments: