Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, April 4, 2011

E-mail #14 of 2011 4/4/2011 Week 50

We offered to give her a blessing

Hola Familia!
This week we had Chad Lewis come to the mission. He used to be a pro football player but now is a motivational speaker. I felt really inspired to keep working from what he shared with us. This past week we saw L. and taught her a bit. She wasn't feeling well so we offered to give her a blessing and she accepted. Towards the end of the lesson she seemed to be a bit more lively and she said she felt a bit better. We taught a part member family in the spanish ward. His name is A. and we went over a bit of the restoration and he accepted a soft baptismal commitment. We are trying to set up teaching appointments with this member and her family. They are from El Salvador! I think they are going to be living with her for four months. So, we are going to try to get in there to start teaching so they can get baptized ASAP. We saw M. finally haha. She still wants to meet with us and everything but we still have some work to do with her. That's basically all for the work this week. Now I'll just say some fun stuff haha. So, I already told y'all that I bought a cheap blender a while ago. This past week I made a smoothie that tasted exactly like the Mango Mango smoothie from the Orange Peel. It's my favorite smoothie from there so that was pretty exciting haha We had an apartment inspection this week... We passed!!! Oh, after going through your letter I guess that would be fine for you to send some money on my card. The only problem is that I have two cards so I'm not sure which one it is that I would be using and if it's checking or debit or whatever. The other thing is that I haven't used my cards at all on the mission so I've forgotten my pin numbers for them haha So, I guess you could either send that info in a written letter or just send cash. I'm not sure though haha. But, anyways the work is going well and everything is fine. Oh yeah! I almost forgot. The entire district will be the same next transfer so Elder Hedgecock and I are both staying for this next transfer. This will be his last so I will be his last comp. But, I think that's everything for this week. I love y'all!!!
Love,
Elder Barry Kreyling

Now for the questions of the week to share with the world……..

Q. Como estuvo la conferencia? (How was conference?)
A. Bien. I liked all of what was said... But, especially that advice about finding a wife soon after the mission. Hehe

Q. Alguna experiencia espiritual esta semana y por qué? (Any spiritual experience this week and why?)
A. Si. Chad Lewis jugaba al futbol americano (professional) y ahora es un motivational speaker. El vino para darnos un motivational speak. (Yes, Chad Lewis played professional football and is now a motivational speaker. He came and gave us a motivational talk.) He served a mission in Taiwan I think it was. He gave us a great message of inspiration and motivation.

Q. Encontraron nuevos investigadores esta semana? (Did you find any new investigators this week?)
A.Si, una mujer. El se llama A. El es hispano. El esta casado con una miembra inactiva del barrio aqui. Le ensenamos acerca de la restauracion y del bautismo. El acepto un compromiso suave.

Q. Me mandaste la tarjeta de la cámara con las fotos nuevas? (Did you send me the memory card with the pictures from your camera?)
A. No

Q. Le escribiste (Did you write...) a Darrin y a Joe Warburton? They will be home soon you know. As a matter of fact, Darrin comes home on 5/4/11 & his talk is set up for May 8th-mother’s day.
A. I've started a letter to him and I'll send it as soon as I'm done.

Q. Como están (How are...) M, C, L y M/A y S and M?
A. M. dropped us. We are still working with M. but she is going to be moving soon. She might stay in our area and she might move to Chattsworth which is the sister's area in our district. We still haven't met with C. Elder Hedgecock thinks it's because of him they don't want to meet with us or V., C.'s bro, doesn't think he's ready. They are going to be moving to Dalton East's area soon so Elder Hedgecock doesn't really want to try teaching them anymore. It's kinda frustrating. L. is doing ok. The only thing is that we are still on principle one which is God is our Loving Heavenly Father. We have taught other things but right now we are mostly trying to help her understand that God is her Heavenly Father. I don't know if I typed it wrong last time but I think you mean A.. We haven't been able to meet with her in a while either. We weren't able to meet with S. and M. but we should be seeing them sometime this week.

No comments: