Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, July 5, 2010

E-mail Week 12 7/5/2010


These people need to know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it doesn't go against what the bible says! That reminds me of something. We were out tracting in the evening a week or so ago and we met this guy outside of his house. Elder Badal thought he had been talking too much so he vowed that he wouldn't speak the rest of the night. Cool. Anyway I was talking with this guy for a couple of minutes and I brought up the Book of Mormon. He said he read it and he disagreed with it. I asked him what he disagreed with so we could resolve his concerns. He said, "I don't like how it talks about the prophet.". I stood there for a moment and asked, "Joseph Smith?". He replied that was it. I said, "Sir, the Book of Mormon doesn't even mention Joseph Smith's name.". Unless he's talking about the introduction to 2 Nephi 3, I'm not sure that he has actually read the Book of Mormon. We run into similar situations daily. The protestant churches have marquees where they put up their thoughts for the week or something. On one marquee it said, "Honk if you love Jesus, text while driving if you want to meet him." and another said, "Band of the free, home of the saved."...??? Anyways, that's just a sample of what we get to read on their marquees. It's interesting stuff. Well, we are going to commit a recent convert's daughter for baptism this week. She has a problem with drinking sweet tea though. We have faith that she will give it up though. We are going to the Tittsworth's house again this week to try contacting them. They seemed so promising so we aren't going to give up. We have found some new potential investigators that we are hopeful about. The work is slowly but surely progressing! Well I need to get going now. I love all ya'll!!!!
Love,
Elder Kreyling

No comments: