Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, March 5, 2012

E-mail #10 of 2012 3/5/2012 Week 98


Hola familia!!!


Well the M. girls are doing well. They were in Athens yesterday so they weren't at church yesterday. But, they are excited for church this next sunday The mother wasn't very comfortable being at church when they came two sundays ago. We are still helping her feel comfortable with coming back to church and allowing the girls to attend church and be baptized. But, the girls are excited for everything We are praying continuously for them. They are so sweet. Well, I'll tell you what our last lesson was like. We went over there with the new assistant ward mission leader, Bro O. We watched the Restoration DVD. The girls really enjoyed it and it helped J. remember a lot of things. So, it was good for all of them. We then read a chapter from the Book of Mormon. Those girls are only eight and ten but I tell you what, they can read! We were blown away haha. They are very smart. Well, after that we committed them to read one chapter from the Book of Mormon every day. So, now we will be keeping tabs on that.
So, a couple of the pictures that I've attatched are from the first Zone Leader Council that Elder S. and I went to. Sitting on the couch on the right is President and Sister Irion. On the left on the couch are the S.. Elder S. is the physician for the area that our mission is in. Standing behind the couch are the Assistants and all of the Zone Leaders for the mission. I'll tell you all of their names in case you'd like to know. Starting from the back left it goes as follows... Elder S., Elder B., Elder J., Elder R., Elder S., Elder B., Elder G., Elder D., Elder H. (the one I trained for a whole three days!) and myself. This past tuesday we had another Zone Leader Council. Although they take a good chuck of our day they are very rewarding I think. To me they are very revelatory and inspiring. Also, the Irions feed us! This past week we had ministrone soup... In bread bowls!!! So good
As zone leaders we have the opportunity to meet with the Stake President and Stake Mission Leader once a month on the first thursday of the month. So, that's what we did this past thursday. Before the meeting started we had to interview one of the District Leader's investigators for baptism. Elder S. did the interview. Apparently before that his shortest interview was one hour! But, he had to do this one in about 20 minutes. The boy's name is J. and he was baptized and confirmed yesterday!
On wednesday we went down to Pigeon Forge (Sevierville) to interview an investigator for baptism. He is hispanic so I did the interview It was nice to be able to speak some spanish. His name is F. and he was baptized and confirmed on saturday! It was pretty cool because he briefly told me his story and it seems pretty similar to yours mom!
The zone is doing well right now. We are expecting only better in the near future Well, I think that's everything for this week. Things are going well here. I love being a missionary!!! The church is true! Love y'all!
Love,
Elder Barry Kreyling
P.S. I took some videos of the storm but they take up too much space with the pictures that I'm sending today. So, I'll send you a video next week
Q. ¿Cómo van progresando con los 12 futuros baptismos?
A. Bien! Haha

Q. ¿Cómo están A. and H., fue a la iglesia la mamá?

A. Bien

Q. ¿Encontraron un apartamento para moverse?

A. Todavia no...

Q. Hay algo en especial que necesitas que te mande?

A. Creo que no.

No comments: