Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Tuesday, January 31, 2012

E-mail #5 of 2012 1/29/2012 Week 93


This is a letter that Barry wrote to be read at the funeral of his grandpa who died on 1/26/2012.

Divine Intervention


Hola familia,
It was a bit hard at first to hear about grandpa. President I. told me that he told dad that he couldn't really see a way for me to make it there for a funeral service. He said that dad told him that grandpa would want me to stay out and finish. I know that is true.
As missionaries we are encouraged to receive a blessing from our Bishop's shortly after arriving to a new area. Yesterday Elder S. (his father recently passed away and I know that it's no coincidence that we were put together shortly before grandpa's death) and I received ours from Bishop S. In both of our blessings Bishop S. told us that we would receive help from beyond the veil. I know that grandpa's spirit still lives on and that this time with out him is only temporary. I know that he's a great missionary in the spirit world and that he's helping many there. Bishop S. said, "Our tests become our testimonies." I know that this is true. Grandpa's death has only strengthened my testimony of the Great Plan of Salvation. I'm so grateful that it did happen at a time when my testimony has been stronger than any other time in my life. I know that because of Jesus Christ's atoning sacrifice that this is not the end. We will all see grandpa again and we will live with him as an eternal family. I'm so grateful to have the fulness of the Gospel and the Plan of Salvation in my life. I know that these blessings can be found in all of our lives as we follow and live Christ's Gospel. I testify that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father live and love us. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
I love y'all!!!
Love,
Elder Barry Kreyling
Mom’s questions
Q. what hymns would you like to suggest for the service?
A. Be Still my Soul for sure
Q. what scripture would you like to suggest for the program?
A. Alma 40 : 11, 12 and 23

No comments: