Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Tuesday, January 24, 2012

E-mail #4 of 2012 1/22/2012 Week 92

Carta #4 de enero 23 del 2012


He called us prophets!


Hola familia!

Well, about your last question. I can't remember if I've asked you to
send me The Infinite Atonement by Tad R. Callister. But, I would
really appreciate that. Elder N. has a sample of the first two
chapters on his kindle. So, I can start reading, but I'd like an
actual copy of my own. It's supposed to be an amazing book!
Thanks!

Well, this past week has been quite good! I. attended church
yesterday! We had another lesson at his great grandmother’s house last
night. We went on splits with Bro. J. and Bro. A. (ward mission
leader). Bro. A. and I went over to teach I. On the way there I
was telling Bro. A. the lesson plan we had made for I. I told him
that we could just alternate teaching the principles. He just looked
over at me and said that he doesn't know the PMG lessons! I was
surprised haha! He told me that he didn't us PMG on his mission and
that he hasn't studied the lessons from PMG yet. So, I had to teach
almost the whole lesson (the Restoration) on my own! I cued Bro. A.
to teach certain principles. We used a cup activity where we built
the church of Christ. The 12 apostles are on the bottom as the
foundation. Then, the cups on top of them include the principles and
ordinances of the Gospel, the priesthood and of course Jesus Christ.
Then, we have a "wicked people" ball which when thrown at the
foundation of the 12 apostles represents the wicked people rejecting
Christ and his apostles. So, the foundation is taken out and the cups
(the church) literally fall(s) It all went well! Oh, and I gave
I. some of those candies, CTR rings and a CD. He said "Thank you!"
He's a really sweet kid an he's doing well.

This past week was our bike week. On the way to an appointment, we
were riding down a hill on the left side of the road, and about
halfway down the hill were about four young boys who were maybe about
ten or so. As we started down the hill we saw one of them throw a
punch at one of the other ones. We hurried down the hill and E.
N. was ahead of me and he told them to knock it off. They
stopped. I think the one kid would have been beaten up had if we have not
been there. The kid that threw the punch was taking off his jacket
getting ready for some more. It was pretty crazy! Oh, they probably
thought that we were bicycle cops at first. A lot of people think
that, when they first see us on our bikes haha:)

We taught a guy named J. He owns a tienda
(store) called Don Jorge. He's
catholic, but loves to study things about God and such. His ex-
girlfriend is a member! They actually just became friends on
face book! He was telling her that we have seen him a few times, but
she couldn't believe it haha! So, we taught him the Restoration
and at the end he asked us for a Book of Mormon! We gave him one
and he committed to read and pray! Then, we asked him to say the
closing prayer. In his prayer he called us prophets haha! BTW we
were teaching him in his tienda during the slow hours. So, after the
lesson we were about to buy some gelatina. We grabbed four different
flavors to try. They are about a dollar each. When we went to pay he
just gave them to us free of charge! He needs to be a Mormon haha!

Well, I think that's all for this week. Please don't forget about the
Infinite Atonement! I really want to read it. But, thanks for all
that y'all do. Tell everyone I say hi and I love them. Have a great
week. I love y'all!!!

Love,
Elder Kreyling

Mom’s questions



Q. ¿Cómo están los investigadores?
A. I. está bien y los demás están mas o menos.
Q. ¿Cómo está la temperatura, tienes suficiente ropa caliente o necesitas
termos?
A. Todo está bien. Sí, tengo suficiente.
Q. ¿Tienen microondas (micro wave) en el apartamento?
A. Si.
Q. ¿Qué quieres que te mande en el próximo paquete?
A. THE INFINITE ATONEMENT
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

No comments: