Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Carta # 39 Sept 25, 2011

Sweet Home Alabama I'm back!

Hola Familia!

Well, to start off this week’s email I just want to say, Sweet Home Alabama... I'm back! Yes, I am back in Fort Payne, AL! Can you believe it?! I'm so super excited. Wow! I couldn't believe it when I found out, but I'm so glad that this has happened. Yesterday in church I saw several familiar faces. One of which was V.! She couldn't seem to believe that I am back but she seemed excited like I amit’s such a blessing to be able to see her and everyone else here again. I'm so excited for this transfer!

Ok, so my first weeks as a District Leader and Trainer have gone well. I have a really good trainee named Elder P. He's in his second training transfer, so I'm finishing off his training. He's a great Elder. His first trainer was Elder R. He was called to be a zone leader so I came here to finish training and be the district leader here. In his email to me President I. said he thought this would be a good chance for me to stretch my wings a bit.

The work here is going pretty well right now. They had three baptisms this last transfer. One of them was B. L. Do you remember her from my stay here last year? We taught her a couple of times, but she had some things to work out. Well, she was just recently baptized. How cool, right?!

We are teaching a guy named B. F. I met him the last time I was here, but I'm not sure if I mentioned him. He is a cool guy. He came to church two Sundays ago and seemed to like it. We are planning on committing him for baptism soon. We are also going to get him to general conference. I’m super excited for that also

Oh, I forgot to mention that I saw P. also. That was exciting too!

We have tried seeing A. a couple of times, but he hasn't been home when we've gone by. Remember him? He should have been baptized by now. We are planning on seeing him and several other former investigators that we were working with while I was here before.

Oh this week as a new district leader and trainer I've had some good growing opportunities. We went to a district leader training in the Chattanooga stake center. We learned several things to help us do our best as district leaders. In addition to that, I will be going back up to Farragut this Thursday for a mission wide leadership training!

This week's district meeting went well. It was on Revelation through church attendance. I was excited about the topic and I related it to General Conference and how our investigators can hear the Prophet's voice as well as the voices of the twelve and other leaders of the church. After district meeting the other Elders had a baptismal candidate who needed to be interviewed by me. You know how many of the baptismal interview questions can be answered with a "yes" or "no"? On some of those she didn't give a simple answer like that. So, the interview went a bit longer than anticipated ha-ha. I just had to call President Irion to verify something with him and then I signed the baptismal record. She was baptized and confirmed this weekend. Apparently, that was the first baptism in that area for about a year! So, those Elders have done a really great job.

Well, that has been my week. We don't have any baptismal dates right now, but we are planning on getting some soon. I'm excited for this transfer and for this opportunity that I've been given. I know the Church and Gospel are true. Take care and I love y'all. Tell everyone that I say hi and I love them!

P.S. Also, everything went well with C's baptism! He is Elder T's first baptism! I have some pictures, but I don't have the camera on me right now... I'll send them in next week’s email. C. should have been confirmed yesterday. I'll let y'all know when I get a card from president Irion. Also, C's mother was there, so that was really good. J. also came even though he was very tired from his trip. He should be baptized soon. That's everything. Let me know if you want a few more details on something. Love y'all!!!

Love,

Elder Kreyling

Las Preguntas de mamá

Mom’s questions

Q. ¿En qué forma te afecto el cambio? ----In what way did this transfer affect you?

A. En una forma muy buena. ----In a good way

Estoy muy agradecido por esta oportunidad tengo que servir aquí otra vez. ----I’m very grateful for the oportunity I have to serve here again.

Q. ¿Cómo te fue en tu primera semana como DL? ----How was your first week as a DL?

A. Fue bien. No problemas. ---Very well. No problems. Hay buenos Elderes en este distrito.----There are good elders in this district

Q. ¿Adónde te mando esta vez el señor? ---Where did the Lord send you this time?

A. Ya saben por lo que dije arriba. You already know by what I wrote above. Pero, Fort Payne Alabama... Otra vez!But Fort Payne Alabama…..Again!

Q. ¿Cómo se llama tu nuevo compañero? What is your new companion’s name?

A. Elder P. El es converso de la iglesia. He is a convert to the church Tiene como un ano y medio en la iglesia. Has about a year and a half in the church

Q. ¿De dónde es él? Where is he from?

A. Bountiful, UT. From Bountiful UT. El conoce a Michelle!He knows Michelle!

Q. ¿Cuánto tiempo tiene en la misión? How long does he have in the mission?

A. Es nuevo. He is new. Tiene nueve semanas en el CCM y seis semanas aquí en el campo.

Six weeks in the CCM and six weeks here in the field.

Q. ¿Cuantos elders y hermanas hay en el distrito contigo? How many elders and sisters are there in the district with you?

A. Solo hay nosotros en Fort Payne y dos mas elderes en South Pittsburg, TN. Los en South Pitt se llaman Elder H. y Elder S. Son buenos.

It’s just us in Fort Paine and two more elders in South Pittsburg, TN. The ones in South Pitt are elder H. and elder S. they are good.

Q. ¿Tienes preguntas para nosotros? Do you have questions for us?

A. Ya han mandado una paqueta? Have you sent a pkg? Yo he pensado en más cosas que pueden mandarme. I have thought in more things you can send me. Necesito un nuevo "missionary Journal" y mas camisas. I need a new missionary journal and more shirts.

Como 3 longsleved camisas y 1 short sleved. About 3 long sleeved shirts and 1 short sleeved

Algunas mias tienen manchas que no puedo limpiar. Some of mine have stains that I can’t clean up.

Y tambien "The Book of Mormon on Trial" si lo pueden encontrar. And also a “The Book of Mormon on Trial” if you can find it.

Y pueden mandarme la direccion del Elder M.? And can you send me the address of elder M.?

Han estado asistiendo al templo con regularidad todavía? Have been attending the temple regularly still?

( regularidad es una palabra verdad?) (regularidad is a word right?) (Yes it isJ)

Han hecho un "profile" de mormon.org? Have you done a profile of Mormon.org? (I guess we better get busy on that requestJ)

Gracias por todo!Thank you for everything!

No comments: