Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Wednesday, August 3, 2011

E-mail #31 of 2011 8/2/2011 Week 67


Hola familia!
Hey I got an email from Miles (aka Elder Manwaring)! I'm not really supposed to email him but could you somehow pass the message on to his family that I got his email and I'll try sending him a letter soon! Also I love him and wish him the best! Also, about the letter you sent about the Elder who was attacked by lions in Guatemala... I know him! Paul Oakey, man that was a while ago. We had a couple of classes together in Lava Ridge! While I was reading about it I first read about an "Elder Oakey". I was like oh that last name seems familiar. Then, I read his first name "Paul" and it clicked that we were in some classes together. I don't know how well he'd remember me but maybe you could tell his parents that I wish him the best for his recovery and the rest of his mission.
Oh, I must have typed something wrong. I'm not training Elder Taggart but I'm like his second trainer breaker haha. Anyway, this week we went on splits with Bro. Rodriguez and Bro. S. R. We saw M.and E. E. They are doing pretty well. We talked more about the importance of reading and praying about the Book of Mormon to gain a personal testimony. We thought they were coming to church but they didn't show. I guess they younger kids were still sleeping. But, we hope that they will be at church this next Sunday.
We taught C. D. a couple of times. We've taught him the Restoration and The Gospel of Jesus Christ and he accepted a soft commitment. Then, we gave him a date at church for August 9th. J., his dad, really wants him to be baptized. But, we need to make sure that we also have the mom's permission first. It sounds like she might be ok with it but we are going to speak with her just to make sure. So, that's probably our main highlight... We have a baptismal commitment!
Oh, we found out yesterday that the library here will be closed on Mondays from now on! So, that's why I'm emailing today. But, we'll go to the college library so we should still be able to get emails out on mondays.
Tonight we are seeing the spanish family that lives in Chattanooga. It's the M. family. They sound pretty solid. We are getting a ride there from Hermano Carlos Perez. He's a really sweet member. He drove us to transfers when Elder Hedgecock left.
This week we saw the B. family. They are still doing well. We taught them about obedience and prayer by reading the story about Daniel in the lions den. Bro B. made it sound like he might be leaving for work. I'm not sure for how long. We are going to try to see them tonight.
This past week I gave a talk in the Spanish ward. It was on missionary work. I talked about the joy of missionary work and how the Lord wants all members to have that joy in their lives. I invited and encouraged them to be a little more involved in the work.
Well, that's about it for this week. Things are going well here! Oh, I think I forgot to mention that we are having a Zone Conference this week. I'm pretty excited for that. It should be really good! Well, I love y'all! I hope y'all have an amazing week! Tell everyone I love them!
Love,
Elder Kreyling

Aquí vienen las Preguntas semanales de mamá
Q. ¿Cómo estás de salud?
A. Bien.
Q. ¿Cómo va el progreso de la familia Espinos? (we are praying for them)
A. Mas o menos. Ellos no asistieron a la iglesia el domingo pasado. Queremos ensenar la familia cuando estan juntos pero es un poco dificil encontrar toda la familia en casa. Pero, todavia tenemos mucha esperanza para esta familia.
Q. ¿Te llegaron las postales?
A. Si, muchas gracias.
Q. ¿Algo nuevo con U. esta semana?
A. No, no asistio a la iglesia y no le hemos visto esta semana pasada.
Q. ¿Encontraron nuevos investigadores esta semana?
A. Si, dos. El primer se llama R. Pero, el no estaba en casa cuando fuimos de regreso anoche. El otro es C.D. el hijo de J. D. Le ensenamos por primera vez esta semana entonces ahora es nuevo investigador.
Q. ¿Están ayudando con las clases de ingles todavía?
A. Si. Son muy divertidas.
Q. ¿Come les va con G. y J.G.
A. I must have typed something wrong. It's M. and J. They weren't there for our return appointment. Tambien G. es la esposa de R.
Q. ¿Tienes preguntas para nosotros esta semana?
A. Joe Warburton is back right? Have you talked with him at all? Hey what's going on with the soccer team?

No comments: