Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, August 22, 2011

Carta # 34 de 2011 agosto 21




Carta # 34 de 2011 agosto 21

Hola familia!

Por favor digan a Michelle que recibí su carta y voy a escribirle una pronto. Gracias!Please tell Michelle that I got her letter and that I will write to her soon. Thanks!

Hey I'm thinking about getting an extension. I'm going to talk with President Irion about it. If I'm able to get it will something need to be done with my scholarship or anything?

Well this week went pretty well. It was nice having the car but we have to give it to the other Elders for this week. We picked up a couple of new investigators. They are the wives of G. and A. In that order they are G. and M. We hope that we can start teaching both of these families a couple of times throughout each week. They show good potential.

We tried seeing the E. [family] a couple of times but they weren't there. We were able to talk with Hermano E. yesterday. We are going to try working more with him. I can't remember if I said this before but he works the night shift and he leaves around three which is around when is kids come home from school. So, there isn't a lot of time to teach them as a family. Lately we have been going in the evenings when the wife and kids are there. He made it sound like he wants us to see him earlier in the day. So, we hope that's a good sign that he's interested in learning more.

We taught A, his wife and their two kids the couple of principles of the Restoration. They said they will finish reading the pamphlet before our next meeting this Friday. They show good potential and we are excited to see how they progress.

We saw J. G. and taught him those first priciples of the Restoration also. He too said he will read the rest of the Pamphlet. Hopefully we can reactivate his family and get him baptized in the process

We saw G. and read another chapter in the Book of Mormon with him. We left him with a reading assignment and we really hope that he reads!

We haven't been able to see Ch. this past week because he's in school now and his dad works when he's not in school. But, J. said he won't be working much this week so we should be able to get some lessons with them this week! Ch is in 2 Nephi! He's still doing really well with keeping his commitments. I say that he will be baptized soon and within this transfer.

Overall things are going well here. I can't believe this is my fifth transfer here! Crazy! I wouldn't mind staying longer or maybe even going to the other Dalton area. I really love the area and the people here. But, I'll do what the Lord reveals to President Irion because I know that He knows what’s best.

Well, I believe that is everything I have for y'all this week. I know the Church is true! May the Lord bless you all. I love y'all! I send my love to EVERYONE. Friends and family. Well, we're all family. Anyway, much love and take care!

Love,

Elder Barry Kreyling

Lista de preguntas semanales de mamá.

Mom’s list of questions for the week.

Q. ¿Cómo les fue en la capilla esta semana? How was church this week?

A. Bien, Ch. D. asistió otra vez. Su padre trabaja menos esta semana entonces podemos ensenarle más!Good, Ch D. came to church again. His dad is working less this week, so we can teach him more!

Q. ¿Paso algo interesante de la semana? Anything intersting happened this week?

A. Si! Fuimos a ensenar a S. R. con un futuro misionero que se llama Cody Richards. Después de ensenarle tocamos por su apartamento. Un hombre abrió la puerta e inmediatamente dijo "Come in!!!". Haha. El y su familia estaban teniendo una fiesta para el cumpleaños de una muchacha que se llama Blessing. Ellos nos dieron de comer postre y helado. Compartimos un mensajito y le dimos a Blessing una tarjeta con pictura de Cristo.

Yes! We went to teach S. R. with a future missionary name is Cody Richards. After teaching we went to knock on an appt. a man opened the door and immediately said “Come in” Haha. Him and his family were having a b-day party for a girl name Blessing. They gave us cake and ice cream. We shared a message with them and we gave Blessing a picture of Christ.

Q. ¿Cómo están tus investigadores? How are your investigators?

A. Bien tenemos unas familias que tienen mucha potencial. Good we have some families that have some potencial.

Q. ¿Tienen nuevos investigadores por los que debemos orar? Do you have new investigators for which we need to pray?

A. Si, A. y su familia, G. y su familia y G. Gracias! Yes, A. and his family and G. and his family and G.Thank you!

Q. ¿Necesitas medicinas/vitaminas? Do you need medicine/Vitamins?

A. No gracias.. No thank you

Q. ¿has leído el documento del 4th misionero y que piensas? Have you read the 4th missionary and what do you think?

A. Si, me gusto. Voy a repasarlo y marcar algunas partes. Yes, I liked it. I’ll go over it and mark some parts.

Q. ¿Te gusto la leche de coco que te mande? Did you like the coconut milk I sent you?

A. Si gracias. Yes thank you.

Q. ¿Quieres que te mande más? Do you want me to send more?

A. Si está bien si hay espacio haha. Yes, that’s good if there is room haha.

Q. ¿Cómo te va con tu nuevo compañero? How are things with your new comp?

A. Elder T.? Bien. Elder T.? Good.

Dad’s questions

Q. Are you being obedient?

A. Si. Yes.

Q. Are you working hard/smart?

A. Si. Estamos haciendo lo mejor posible. Yes. We are doing our best possible.

Q. Writing in your journal?

A. Si. Still catching up. Como se dice esto? Yes. How do you say this?

Q. Taking lots of pictures?

A. Mas o menos. More or less.

No comments: