Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, January 24, 2011

E-mail #4 of 2011 January 24, 2011 Week 41

Hola Familia!
It's good to hear that things are going well back home. I have not recieved a letter from you or Jake yet I wonder why it's taking so long to get here. Oh well, hopefully the come today. But, things are going well here. We've been working with a less active member named David Garcia. He is a cool guy. He told us that he usually doesn't come to church because he doesn't have an alarm. Well, we fixed that for him and what do ya know he showed up yesterday! He also has some friends, Adrian and Natanael, that we have been teaching. We are going to see them tonight and we are hoping to commit Adrian for baptism. I'll let ya know how it goes. I can't remember if I told you before but we saw Victor and committed him for Feb 6th. He had to work again yesterday so we are really hoping and praying that he will have sunday of the next few weeks so he can be baptized. We also found a college girl named Caity. She seemed really cool and she seems to have a sincere interest in learning about the Gospel. She was planning on coming to church but something came up and she wasn't able to come. She asked if she could come next week and we were just like of course! Haha. She said she grew up half Jewish (Dad) and half Baptist (Mom). She said she doesn't agree with a lot of the beliefs she grew up with. From what she was saying and from the questions she was asking I think the Plan of Salvation is really going to hit home with her. We already shared a little bit of the Plan of Salvation when we first found her. Oh, we found her tracting btw. We are planning on seeing here one wednesday so I'll let ya know how it goes. Oh, I have someone you should probably know about. Hermano Copeland is the first counselor I believe. He served his mission in Guatemala and he is just the bomb haha. Anyways, things are going well here. My spanish is steadily getting better. We should be going on our first exchange this thursday. Elder Sexton is going to give an interview to some investigators. We are getting along well and working well together. Mom, you'll be happy to know that we cleaned the apartment today! It was kinda bad, not horrible, when I first got here. I bought some cleaning stuff and we cleaned a bit last p day and some more today. Ahh it feels so much better now haha. Anyways, like I said before things here are fine. But, I need to be going now. Tell everyone I love them. I love y'all!!!
Love,
Elder Kreyling

And now without further ado, here is the best part of this week’s email……Mom’s questions yay!

Q. Como te va con el frio?
A. Bien

Q. Are you able to keep warm?
A. For the most part

Q.What did you do this past week?
A. Missionary work!

Q.What new words did you learn last week?
A. Loor, amistad, ummm... there are a few more that I just can't remember right now haha.

Q.Have you had any new contacts this week?
A. Caity is the only one but she seems pretty awesome! I'm excited to teach her

Q.Any spiritual experiences this week?
A. Probably just finding Caity. It was pretty sweet.

Q.What was your best and worst food experience this week?
A. I didn't really have anything bad... Elder Sexton on the other hand did haha. A member took us to her friends who sells food out of her house. She made us Honduran tacos. They were quite good but Elder Sexton got sick that night and was throwing up and everything. She brought out some hot sauce and he used it and I didn't. That was the only difference in our food so maybe that was it? We both thought it was really good but it just didn't sit well with him for some reason.

Q.How was church/Sunday this week? Have you been asked to interpret recently?
A. It was good. No, it was just in Fort Payne that we interpreted. Although two gringos the past two sundays have spoken and Elder Sexton went up and translated.

Q.Favorite events of the week?
A. church. I like church because it's all in spanish now!

Q.Which was your favorite scripture for the week? Mine is D&C 66:7 missionaries are literally going every place and unto every people in the name of the Lord
A 3 nephi 11 : 3 the voice or spirit of the lord is so gentle yet it pierces. (I think that's the right reference haha I don't have my Book of Mormon with me)

Q.Favorite hymn of the week? Mine is #30 sacrifices for the sake of the LORD’s work.
A. We sing in spanish so excuse me if I get the title wrong. Abide with Me tis eventide.

Q. How are your investigators doing?
A. They are doing well. There are a couple who need a kick in the rear end or something though haha

No comments: