Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

E-mail #2 of 2011 1/12/2011 Week 39

Hola Familia!
Yes, there was a snow storm recently. In Fort Payne we got like eight inches or something. The members said it hadn't snowed that much in maybe twenty years! Anyways, that is why it has taken so long for me to email y'all because the library was closed. So, to bring you up to speed we found out transfer info on saturday. Elder Wilkinson was made district leader and I left Fort Payne.... today actually. My new area is Pleasant Ridge (Spanish still) and my "new" companion is..... Elder Sexton?! Yes, I am with Elder Sexton again woo hoo! It was a bit of a surprise because we had already served basically a full transfer together. But, that is what happened so I'm excited. It should be a good transfer because we already know each other and everything so we already have unity and all that good stuff. But yeah, Elder Sexton is the District Leader too so that's exciting. I can't tell you too much more because it's my first day here. But, I can tell you that I'm as excited as ever to be serving a mission for the Lord!!! I hope everything is going well and that y'all have a good week!!!
Love,
Elder Barry Kreyling

Ta da!! And now for mom’s weekly questions.

Q. Do you have any funny, crazy, weird, or spiritual experiences to share this week? Details, details please.

A. For spiritual, yes. We had a BAPTISM! It was a child of record baptism but a baptism nonetheless Her name is Paulina De La Cruz and she asked for me to baptize her. So, I had the privilege to Baptize her. It was awesome

Q. Favorite scripture for this week and why? Mine is Psalms 82: 6

A. Can we do whole chapters too? Haha. 3 Nephi 17

Q. Favorite hymn this week? Mine is How great Thou Are.

A. Two. Come, Follow me and Families can be together forever. Those are the ones we sang at Paulina's baptism.

Q. Do you have transfers this coming week?

A. Yes today in fact haha.

Q. How are the investigators doing?

A. Alfredo is doing pretty well. His wife needs to come to church. The Fort Payne Elders are going to see them on Saturday.

Q. Who was your favorite contact of the week and why?

A. Storm, because of his name haha. And he showed some good potential.



Q.What is your favorite lesson to teach? Is there a particular lesson that you find touches the hearts of people more than the others?

A. The Restoration. That's what it all comes back to. I think also the Plan of Salvation touches the hearts of many. When you tell them that they can be with their loved ones you can see that they want that. But, much of the time they just don't want to change.


No comments: