Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, September 13, 2010

E-mail 9/13/2010 Week 22




Hola Familia!
This week has been pretty good. My new companion is Elder Follett. He is cool and yes he is another spanish speaking elder. So I am doing spanish work for at least another transfer! The spanish is still coming to me. I feel pretty comfortable but I am still need to learn quite a bit more to be really effective. No, I have not been taking pictures very much lately. I am a little behind on my journal writing but I have been doing better with that. Ever since I've been in the spanish work we haven't tracted nearly as much as Elder Badal and I did. I thought we weren't working quite as hard as we should because I was used to tracting a lot. But, we have an extra hour for language study each day and hispanics are a lot more willing to listen to us. So, we've tracted less yet we have more people to see. It's interesting how that works out.
Speaking of spanish work we have one hispanic lady who we are really excited about. Her name is Angel. Elder Summerhays and I found her and left her with a Book of Mormon. We committed her to read 3rd Nephi 11. When we went back we asked her if she read. She said yes but Elder Summerhays didn't believe her because many people don't read. But, she then started explaining the chapter to us! But that's not all, she also had a page full of notes! Her notes included "la doctrina"! After transfers Elder Follett and I went to see her and she had started from 1st Nephi 1. She had notes from that too! She said she believes it's true. We left her with 2nd Nephi 31 and we committed her to pray to know after she reads. When we go back and she has a testimony we are going to committ her for baptism. Then, we will need to get her a fellowshipper and get her to church. We have great faith that she will be baptized.
It's good to hear that all is well back home. I hope ya'll have an awesome week! Tell everyone ( the fam, soccer girls, everyone!) that I love them. I love ya'll.
Love,
Elder Barry Kreyling

No comments: