Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, April 9, 2012

E-mail #15 of 2012 4/9/2012 Week 103

One more letter and his journey will be completed.

Carta # 15 de abril 8 del 2012

Hola familia!

Well, today I'm emailing you from Morristown, TN! On the same day that we found out about the problems with our last investigator, President I. told us that two missionaries up here were sent home. One of Elder S. old areas is here in Morristown and it just happened to be the area that those two Elders were sent from. So, we have done a few exchanges to get the work going up here. Elder S. and I picked up another Elder and headed up here. I stayed the weekend with Elders T. and R. in Bays Mountain, which is one of the two areas in Morristown, Elder S. and the other Elder went to Cherokee lake, the other Morristown area. There are several investigators close to baptism that Elder S. was working with while he was serving here. But, because of the lack of work they came to a standstill in their progression. So, Elder S. has been seeing them and one of them now has a date!

We are having Family Home Evening tonight with family in the ward. They speak Spanish and they have invited a couple of Spanish families, including N. and his family! N. and his family came to church a few weeks ago. I think the wife has family that is members. I spoke with N. on the phone this past Saturday and he told me that they want our help to learn about the church. Perfect! They were also given a Book of Mormon a couple of months ago. N. said they've liked what they've read so far we are excited for this family!

L.is still progressing gradually.

I was thinking back on experiences that I've had on the mission. I remember one time when I was in the south Pittsburg area around Christmas of 2010. I was there on an exchange. We went to visit a couple. I believe the wife was less active and the husband was excommunicated. We had a good visit with them. I remember that as we were leaving their home the husband said, "There’s just something about you... You'll do fine". When trying times have come like with what's happened last week, I think back on experiences like those. There have been things like that that people have said and done, that help me know that the Lord's promise in D & C 84 is true ."88 And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." I have felt the Lord's support during this time and many others. I know that although those girls haven't been baptized yet that, "all things have been done in the wisdom of him who aknoweth all things." As stated in 2 Nephi 2 : 24. The Church is true. Our Heavenly Father lives and is ever mindful of us. I love you all!

Love

Elder Barry Kreyling

No comments: