Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, April 2, 2012

E-mail #14 of 2012 4/2/2012 Week 102

Carta #14 abril 1, del 2012

Hola familia!

Feliz cumpleanos a Mom y Shan!

Well, I think I told you last time that we'd had some of the most up and down days ever. Well, since then we had one of the most up and down weeks since I've been serving. We went to talk with one of our investigators like I said we'd be doing. We resolved the concerns. Then we went over to Bishop's to talk about it and we had things straightened out. Then, this investigator called the next morning (Tue.) and was kind of upset because some of the family was throwing a surprise birthday party for the girls' grandmother on Saturday at around the same time as the baptism was scheduled. She said she got mad at them for doing it on short notice like that because we'd had the baptisms planned for about two weeks now. So, she asked if we could do the baptisms another day. After thinking about it and talking with Bishop and others we decided to have the baptisms on Wednesday. She was a bit hesitant at first, but then she agreed to it. So, we were so excited for them to be baptized! Then, Bishop called us back. He asked us to put the phone on speaker so we could both here. There was a problem which I cannot share. The baptism was being postponed indefinite. My heart dropped. That was one of the hardest things that I had to hear. Because of all the mess, the baptism is off and I'm not sure what will happen to them or if we'll be able to see them again. Right now I'm just praying for the Lord to take care of them because we've done everything that we can. Well, I told you this first so that I can end this email on a good note haha

So, we were able to teach L. again. She's still doing well. We gave her the D & C DVDs and encouraged her to watch the Joseph Smith movie as she is still seeking to know that he's a prophet. In preparation for general conference we encouraged her to have questions in her mind and heart like "was Joseph Smith a Prophet" and " is Thomas S. Monson a Prophet". We promised her that she'd receive answers to her questions as she watched conference and the movies. She seemed to like the idea. We'll be seeing her this Wednesday so I'll let you know how that goes.

My favorite parts of conference were Elder Holland’s and Elder D. Todd Kristofferson’s talks. I want to say this to L. The thought that came to mind when I heard them speaking was, "L, be baptized!" haha. Conference was great over all.

Well, I think that's everything for this week. I hope y'all have a great week. I love y'all and you're in my prayers!

Love,

Elder Barry Kreyling

Q. ¿Se bautizaron las niñas M. el viernes?

A. No...

Q, ¿Y qué ha pasado con los otros investigadores, están progresando?

A. L. está progresando. Ella vio la conferencia general.

Q. ¿Consiguieron un apartamento para moverse?

A. Todavía no.

Q. ¿Necesitas dinero para mandar tus cosas?

A. A lo mejor sí. Conseguiré un poco de la tarjeta de dad.

Q. ¿Tienes preguntas para nosotros?

A. Creo que no.

No comments: