Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, June 6, 2011

E-mail #23 of 2011 6/6/2011 Week 59

We got a new car this week : ) but...

Hola Familia!
She got married?! Well, I guess that answers my question from last week haha. Mom, I looked for shoes today but I didn't find any I liked. I'll have to go back to the mall some time and look there...
Well, this week we saw S. R. again. He's doing really well with his reading and praying. But, something is keeping him from coming to church. He told us that he has anxiety problems sometimes. He may be bipolar but we don't know for sure. We taught Melody and Salomon a couple of times. They are reading and praying but still aren't sure about it. Salomon believes his baptism was valid. They don't understand the great apostasy right now so that is what we are going to help them understand.
The English class is going well. We still haven't had investigators come but we hope they will show up soon! Bro. Collins in the English ward was called to be the teacher. This past week was his first time and he did great. We are using the learning program from the church called the "Daily Dose". It seems to be working really well. This past week we went over lesson one in the program which is "Introducing yourself". It's really fun teaching English.
On Friday we had our district meeting. Like I told y'all Elder Phippen asked me to give the training. So, I did preparation whenever I had free time during the week. I shared Alma 13 :24 with them and talked about how the people being prepared in "our land" are the children of God here in The Great Tennessee Knoxville Mission. Then, I shared Alma 8 where Alma is rejected in Ammonihah. He starts going to another city and an angel appears to him and tells him to go back. He enters the city another way. I talked about how we won't find everyone the Lord is preparing by just using one way to find them. I talked about how another way we can find the elect is through referrals. It seemed to go well and Elder Phippen said he learned a lot. I too learned a lot while I was preparing it.
Oh, I forgot to say that we got a new car this past week Unfortunately, we got into a wreck Friday evening Don't worry everyone is fine. Both Dalton areas are going to be on bikes until it gets repaired. Which isn't too terrible because now we can talk with more people each day!
Well, I think that's about everything this week. Oh, if you haven't already sent the package I heard about these plan of salvation cards at deseret book I believe. That would be really cool. But, if you've already sent it then don't worry about it. I hope everything is going great back home! I love y'all!
Love,
Elder Kreyling

And now for Mom's Questions:

Q. Como te fue con el entrenamiento para encontrar en la reunión de distrito la semana pasada?
A. Bien. Aprendi mucho y espero que el resto del distrito aprendiera algo tambien.
Q. Como les fue en la visita con S. R. el martes pasado y fue a la iglesia ayer?
A. Nos fue bien pero el no asistio ayer. Creemos que el es "bipolar" pero no estamos seguros.
Q. Visitaron a W. y a su familia el martes?
A. Si, el nos ayudo a ensenar a S. R. Pero no le ensenamos algo. Teniamos que ayudarle a otro miembro y su vecino con algo.
Q. Han sabido algo de H.P.?
A. El se fue a otra parte de Georgia. Pero, todavia quiere aprender de la iglesia. Creo que el sera bautizado.
Q. Todavía están ayudando con la clase de Ingles?
A. Si, el maestro es el Hermano Collins. El servio su mision en la Republic Dominical.
Q. Continuas haciendo ejercicio cada día?
A. Por lo general.
Q. Estas cuidando tus dientes?
A. Si.
Q. Estas usando tu retainer para tus dientes cada noche?
A. Si.

No comments: