Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, May 9, 2011

E-mail #19 of 2011 5/9/2011 Week 55


Looks like Barry has found a new abode-or is it a hurricane shelter?

We were saying "hola" and "buenas tardes"

Hola familia!
Well, it was really great talking with y'all yesterday. I hope y'all get my letter within the next few days. I sent the memory card with it so you can see the pics of the tornado and storm damage. Hey, I like the pic with Darrin and Elder Maxwell. I can't remember if I told you but he was my Zone Leader for a bit. I went on an exchange with him once. He's a cool guy. Well, it's hard to believe that Darrin and the Heaton's are back already. I bet they loved the mission. Doesn't Joe get home in the next couple of weeks too? Elder Matt Condie is also going home in a week and a half. So is Elder Hedgecock. Man, it feels like everyone I know is ending their missions. It's crazy haha!
Well, this past week we found A LOT of hispanics. Most of them live one the same street. Yay! Two of them accepted a baptismal commitment! We are going to see them soon so we'll see how solid they are. One of them is a humble guy named L. We taught him a brief Restoration lesson at his doorstep. He was leaning against the door frame with his left shoulder as we were teaching. When we shook hands with him he stood straight and we saw that he didn't have a left arm. He reminded me of grandpa when I saw that Well, he is a humble guy and he accepted a baptismal commitment for june fourth. We are seeing him this week and we hope that he will progress soon. There were a few others that seem pretty solid. One is A. He is from Guatemala. We talked with his sister or something and she told us we could come back. So, we went back and he answered the door. We asked for the lady and he said she was busy. So, we asked him if he had some time to talk with us. He asked what about and we told him Jesus Christ. He told us that he had some time. We went over Christ's earthly ministry to the Book of Mormon. When we explained the Book of Mormon he said he wanted one. We had one on us so we gave it to him. Then, he told us he will read it without us having to invite him! He seemed pretty legit. We are seeing him tomorrow so I'll let y'all know how it goes. We have taught this guy named Gerardo a couple of times. This last time we talked about the Book of Mormon. We talked about how he can know that it is true by praying and asking God in prayer. He told us that he would like to know that it is true. So, we taught him how to pray real quick and he offered the prayer to end the lesson. In his prayer he asked God to let him know that the Book of Mormon is true or not. He is a cool guy and he wants to know these things. We see him every friday so I'll let you know how our next appointment goes. We also found a hispanic named Manuel. We went to see him yesterday with our ward mission leader. We knocked on the door several times and waited for a few minutes. But, he didn't answer the door. So, we were a bit disappointed. We walked back to the car and as we were about to get in he opened the door! All of us got really excited. We were saying "hola" and "buenas tardes" and we waved to him as we were walking up the stairs. He started greeting us as well and we sat down and had a lesson with him. He just recently got here and he has quite a bit of potential so I'll let you know how things go with him. I think that's about everything for the work this week.
Thanks for the package and everything. Wow, Ben is getting married. Look at him go! Haha Hey! I'm not sure if I've told you yet but there is a Pupuseria that has just opened up! Elder Hedgecock and I want to go check it out soon. I'll let y'all know how it is! Well, I think that's everything for this week. The Church is True! I love y'all!
Love,
Elder Barry Kreyling

Q. Himno favorito esta semana? el mio es Teach me to walk in the light.
A. Jehova, mi pastor es. The Lord is My Shepard
Q. How many things have left behind while tranferinring?
A. Just a couple. I've gotten most of them back though... Haha
Q. Do you ever wash your bedding? if so, how often?
A. At least every other week. Usually once a week though.

No comments: