Badal and Kreyling Backroads Tennessee
"Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true; And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
Alma 18:34-35



Monday, December 13, 2010

E-mail 12/13/2010 Week 35

Take a Leap of Faith


Hola Familia!


Right now I'm in South Pittsburg, Tennessee! They are having trainings in Chattanooga for all of the Senior missionaries so that is where Elder Wilkinson is right now. They had the trainings on friday and saturday. They were supposed to have them today and tomorrow too but it is snowing! So, I guess they don't want the missionaries to be driving around in these conditions. Anyways, Elder Wilkinson said the trainings were really amazing! They are going to have them each transfer for a while longer. I hope I get to go soon it sounds really awesome! This past week we saw Victor and Maria again. Victor had read in the introduction and had some questions. Maria still didn't seem too interested. We were talking for a bit and then Victor asked what we thought about infant baptism. So, we read almost all of Moroni 8 with them. After that, we noticed a positive change in Maria's interest. At the end we had Victor offer a kneeling prayer. It was a good lesson. We just need to get them to church now. We also saw Alfredo and his wife Patti. They had met with missionaries before and so they already knew a little bit. They seem to have some good potential. We also saw Buena Luke, the mother of a member. She has a date for the 24th. We met her for the first time on Tuesday I believe it was. After talking with her for a bit we discovered she has an issue with tithing right now. So, we read some scriptures promised blessings. She just isn't sure if she has the faith to pay because she is on a fixed income and she has a pretty expensive car payment. So, we promised her blessings again and just comitted her to take a leap of faith and actually paying her tithing. Right now she believes the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Church is true. But, we found out she hasn't prayed about the Book of Mormon. So, we comitted her to do that too. Once she has that testimony it should resolve her concerns. But, that was pretty much everything from this past week. Oh, I think I have Ryan's address. I got Jack'ee's addresses recently. I hope that I can make some Christmas cards this week to send to y'all. Well, I hope y'all are having a great Christmas season! I love y'all and I'll talk to y'all next week!




Love,

Elder Barry Kreyling We sent you a package with Spanish materials and Christmas stuff. Q. Did you get it yet? A. Yes, I got it. Thank you! Q. When is your mission Christmas Party? A. It is tomorrow.

No comments: